Community Service Report from Anne-Marie Tardif, March 2018
This is our sixth year as supporters of the Mothers and Infants Program at First Step ofWith great enthusiasm I am thrilled to announce that this year the Caring Hearts Luncheon increased its net income from the event by 55% to raise almost $55,000 cash in support of the Mothers and Infants Program. This was due to:
- More people attending than ever before. 370 supporters showed up with tickets, filling Michael's to capacity.. In fact the event was overbooked by one seat and when I got there it wa mine! One of the First Step Board members generously gave up her seat so I could sit at the table with you.
- More table sponsors at every sponsor level.
- Greater income from raffles and silent auction items.
- Entertaining, substantive and emotional testimonials from staff and former clients.
- Honoring Nancy PageI(in red below), a hero in my mind, who for 25 years has been the Director of the Mothers and Infants program and who,at the event, was reunited with two women and their children, whom she was responsible for inspiring to go out and succeed in the world over a decade ago.
6. And, finally, "The Ask". When Emily Welch, the owner of The Observer, a long time supporter, asked for donations at the end of her talk she said: If everyone in this room gave just $10 each, we would earn enough to cover the cost of one mother in the program."
Everyone reached for their checkbooks.
My thanks to you, Club Members, to all who have come in the past and to all the new supporters of the Mothers and Infants Program who came this year. All this would not have happened without you.
P.S. We Club Members would like to thank Anne-Marie (standing below) for six years of service as our chair.